Rather than argue about the role parents can and should play in the education of their children, the Harvard Education Review suggests that parent involvement in children’s education improves performance at every age and stage of children’s lives.
Here are 5 things you can do right now to improve your involvement in your children’s education.
- Teach your children learning skills, such as memory, organization, and problem solving.
- Communicate a positive attitude toward school and learning.
- See if teachers are teaching mental/learning skills in the classroom.
- Introduce positive experiences you have had with acquiring knowledge.
- Check out our free ebooks on learning: Awakening the Brain’s Potential and The 12 Most Effective Study Strategies.